Skip to main content

Alabama Code Title 12. Courts § 12-17-226.11

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) All remaining administration fees shall be allocated to the district attorney's office. At the discretion of the district attorney, all administration fees paid by the offender pursuant to this division may either be paid to the district attorney, to be placed in the District Attorney's Solicitor Fund, or if the district attorney and the clerk agree, may be paid to the circuit clerk of the jurisdiction for distribution to the District Attorney's Solicitor Fund. In the event that the district attorney elects to have the administration fee paid to the circuit clerk for ultimate distribution to the Solicitor Fund, the circuit clerk shall retain a fee of twenty-five dollars ($25) for processing.

(b) All fees paid to the district attorney pursuant to this division shall be paid into the District Attorney's Solicitor Fund and shall be used to pay costs associated with the administration of the pretrial diversion program or for any other law enforcement purpose.

(c) Costs associated with program administration shall be paid from fees collected and include, but are not limited to, salaries, rent, vehicles, uniforms, telephones, postage, office supplies, public education, reports, equipment, training and travel services, service contracts, or professional services. The district attorney may pay for services or programs for an offender while the offender is in the pretrial diversion program if special circumstances and justice dictate.

Cite this article: - Alabama Code Title 12. Courts § 12-17-226.11 - last updated December 30, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard