Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Any municipality, county, public corporation, city or county board of education, the State Board of Education, or any other entity organized pursuant to authorization, determination finding or other action by any municipality or municipalities, or county or counties, or the governing body of any one or more thereof, or any public officer or officers of the State of Alabama, is hereby authorized:
(1) To acquire a letter or letters of credit as security for any bonds, notes, warrants, or other evidences of indebtedness or securities;
(2) To pledge such letter or letters for the benefit of such bonds, notes, warrants, or other evidences of indebtedness or securities;
(3) To pay the premium or premiums on such letter or letters from the proceeds of any such bonds, notes, warrants, or other evidences of indebtedness or securities;
(4) To enter into such agreements, contracts, and indentures with respect to such letter or letters as the governing body of the purchaser of the letter or letters shall deem necessary or desirable; and
(5) To grant security with respect to such letter or letters.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 11. Counties and Municipal Corporations § 11-80-7 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-11-counties-and-municipal-corporations/al-code-sect-11-80-7.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?