Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) A foreign professional corporation shall be entitled to register under Article 7 of Chapter 1 for authority to render professional services in Alabama only if:
(1) A professional corporation incorporated under this chapter would be allowed to register or procure a certificate of authority or equivalent authorization to render professional services in the state under whose laws the foreign professional corporation is organized;
(2) The foreign professional corporation meets the requirements of Section 10A-4-2.01;
(3) The foreign professional corporation designates the Alabama licensed individual or individuals through whom it will render professional services in Alabama and the individual or individuals are not, at time of the designation, so designated by any other foreign professional corporation;
(4) The name of the foreign professional corporation meets the requirements of Section 10A-1-5.08, provided that the foreign professional corporation can meet the requirements of Section 10A-1-5.08 by adding at the end of its name, for use in Alabama, the words “professional corporation” or the abbreviation “P.C.”; and
(5) All the shareholders, or all the members, in the case of a nonprofit corporation which has members, at least one director and the president of the foreign professional corporation are licensed in at least one state or territory of the United States or the District of Columbia to render the professional services which the foreign professional corporation would render in Alabama.
(6) The foreign professional corporation includes in its application a statement acknowledging that it will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Alabama regulatory and licensing authorities with respect to any professional services rendered to clients or patients in Alabama.
(b) No foreign professional corporation shall maintain an office in Alabama for the conduct of business or professional practice until it has obtained a certificate of authority to render professional services in Alabama.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 10A. Alabama Business and Nonprofit Entities Code § 10A-4-5.02 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-10a-alabama-business-and-nonprofit-entities-code/al-code-sect-10a-4-5-02/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.