The following persons may take an oath, affirmation, or acknowledgment in the state:
(1) a justice, judge, or magistrate of a court of the State of Alaska or of the United States;
(2) a clerk or deputy clerk of a court of the State of Alaska or of the United States;
(3) a notary public;
(4) a United States postmaster;
(5) a commissioned officer under AS 09.63.050(4) ;
(6) a municipal clerk carrying out the clerk's duties under AS 29.20.380 ;
(7) the lieutenant governor when carrying out the lieutenant governor's duties under AS 24.05.160 ;
(8) the presiding officer of each legislative house when carrying out the officer's duties under AS 24.05.170 .
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.