(a) A person engaged in the business of buying and selling secondhand articles, except a bank or a person regulated by AS 08.76.100 -- 08.76.590 , shall maintain a book, in permanent form, in which the person shall enter in legible English at the time of each purchase or sale
(1) the date of the transaction;
(2) the name of the person conducting the transaction;
(3) the name, age, and address of the customer;
(4) a description of the property bought, which includes, for any firearm, watch, camera, or optical equipment bought, the name of the maker, the serial, model, or other number, and all letters and marks inscribed;
(5) the price paid;
(6) the signature of the customer.
(b) Repealed by SLA 2010, ch. 49, § 7, eff. July 1, 2011 .
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.