Skip to main content

Alaska Statutes Title 8. Business and Professions § 08.40.390. Exclusions

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) AS 08.40.210 - 08.40.490 do not apply to a utility, municipality, or local governing body whose employees are engaged in mechanical work on an integral part of a system owned and operated by the utility, municipality, or local governing body.

(b) AS 08.40.210-08.40.490 do not apply to a person engaged in

(1) the manufacture or repair of mechanical apparatus or equipment;

(2) mechanical work, the cost of which does not exceed $50,000, involving residences or small commercial establishments in communities that

(A) have a population of under 5,000 according to the latest available federal or state census or other census approved by the department;  or

(B) are over 50 miles by air or water transportation from the business place of a mechanical administrator licensed under AS 08.40.210-08.40.490;

(3) mechanical installation on a single-family residence or a two-family residence that is not intended for sale at the time of making the installation;

(4) installation of water lines or sanitary, storm, or drain sewer lines more than five feet from a building;

(5) mechanical maintenance or repair work if the work is performed by the person as an employee of an owner or tenant of commercial property as part of the employee's work duties with respect to the property but is not offered or performed as a service to the public;

(6) design, installation, maintenance, or repair of fire extinguishing systems.

Cite this article: - Alaska Statutes Title 8. Business and Professions § 08.40.390. Exclusions - last updated April 21, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard