Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The board may require as a condition for renewal of a license or a permit that the applicant for the renewal undergo a quality review conducted as required by the board by regulation.
(b) The quality review under (a) of this section must include verification that the reviewing individual meets the competency requirements set out in the professional standards established by the board for the services. In this subsection, “reviewing individual” means the individual who is responsible for supervising and signing off on or authorizing another individual to sign off on attest functions performed by the applicant.
(c) The board shall adopt the regulations under (a) of this section in a reasonable time before the regulations are scheduled to become effective.
(d) The regulations adopted under (a) of this section may require that
(1) an applicant demonstrate that the applicant has undergone a quality review that is a satisfactory equivalent to the quality review under (a) of this section;
(2) the quality reviews be subject to supervision by an oversight body established or approved by the board;
(3) the quality reviews be operated and the documents be maintained in a manner that is designed to preserve confidentiality; and
(4) the board or another person, except for the oversight body authorized by (2) of this subsection, may not access the documents furnished or generated in the course of the quality review.
(e) An oversight body required by (d)(2) of this section shall
(1) periodically report to the board on the effectiveness of the quality review program it is supervising; and
(2) provide the board with a list of the applicants who have participated in a quality review program that is satisfactory to the board.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 8. Business and Professions § 08.04.426. Quality review - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-8-business-and-professions/ak-st-sect-08-04-426.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?