Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The council shall perform the duties set out in 29 U.S.C. 796d in a manner that will maximize the state's receipt of federal financial assistance for independent living services and centers of independent living for residents with severe disabilities, including the following duties:
(1) joint development of the state plan required under 29 U.S.C. 796c and evaluation of the implementation of the plan;
(2) development of a plan for the provision of resources, including staff and personnel, that may be necessary to carry out the council's functions with funds from the federal government and other public and private sources; and
(3) coordination of the council's activities with other state agencies that address the needs of specific disability populations and issues under federal law.
(b) The council may
(1) hold hearings and forums as determined by the council to be necessary to carry out its duties;
(2) solicit and accept money or other resources on behalf of the state from any public or private source.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions § 47.80.320. Powers and duties - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-47-welfare-social-services-and-institutions/ak-st-sect-47-80-320.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?