Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Except as provided in AS 46.03.487, each calendar year in which the owner or operator of a commercial passenger vessel intends to operate, or cause or allow to be operated, the vessel in the marine waters of the state, the owner or operator of the vessel shall register with the department. The registration shall be completed before the time any commercial passenger vessel of the owner or operator enters the marine waters of the state in that calendar year. The registration must include the following information:
(1) the vessel owner's business name and, if different, the vessel operator's business name for each commercial passenger vessel of the owner or operator that is scheduled to be in the marine waters of the state during the calendar year;
(2) the postal address, electronic mail address, telephone number, and facsimile number for the principal place of each business identified under (1) of this subsection;
(3) the name and address of an agent for service of process for each business identified under (1) of this subsection; the owner and operator shall continuously maintain a designated agent for service of process whenever a commercial passenger vessel of the owner or operator is in the marine waters of the state, and the agent must be an individual resident of this state, a domestic corporation, or a foreign corporation having a place of business in and authorized to do business in this state;
(4) the name or call sign of and Port of Registry for each of the owner's or operator's vessels that is scheduled either to call upon a port in this state or otherwise to be in the marine waters of the state during the calendar year and after the date of registration; and
(5) an agreement to comply with the terms and conditions of vessel discharges specified under AS 46.03.462.
(b) Registration under (a) of this section shall be executed under oath by the owner or operator.
(c) Upon request of the department, the registrant shall submit registration information required under this section electronically.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation § 46.03.461. Registration requirements - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-46-water-air-energy-and-environmental-conservation/ak-st-sect-46-03-461.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?