(1) “account review” means activities related to account maintenance, account monitoring, credit line increases, and account upgrades and enhancements;
(2) “consumer” means an individual who is the subject of a credit report or credit score;
(3) “consumer credit reporting agency” has the meaning given in AS 45.48.990 , but does not include a person who issues reports
(A) on incidents of fraud or authorizations for the purpose of approving or processing negotiable instruments, electronic funds transfers, or similar methods of payments; or
(B) regarding account closures because of fraud, substantial overdrafts, automated teller machine abuse, or similar negative information regarding a consumer to inquiring banks or other financial institutions for use only in reviewing consumer requests for deposit accounts at the inquiring banks or financial institutions;
(4) “reseller of consumer information” means a person who assembles and merges information contained in the databases of consumer credit reporting agencies and does not maintain a permanent database of consumer information from which new consumer credit reports are produced;
(5) “security freeze” means a prohibition against a consumer credit reporting agency's releasing a consumer's credit report or credit score without the express authorization of the consumer;
(6) “third party” means a person who is not
(A) the consumer who is the subject of the consumer's credit report or credit score; or
(B) the consumer credit reporting agency that is holding the consumer's credit report or credit score.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.