Alaska Statutes Title 44. State Government § 44.66.010. Expiration of state boards and commissions
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Alaska Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Boards and commissions listed in this subsection expire on the date set out after each:
(1) Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (AS 04.06.010)--June 30, 2022;
(2) Board of Parole (AS 33.16.020)--June 30, 2025;
(3) Regulatory Commission of Alaska (AS 42.04.010)--June 30, 2022;
(4) Alaska Commission on Aging (AS 47.45.200)--June 30, 2024;
(5) Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (AS 18.66.010)--June 30, 2022;
(6) special education service agency (AS 14.30.600)--June 30, 2029;
(7) Statewide Suicide Prevention Council (AS 44.29.300)--June 30, 2027;
(8) Alaska Seismic Hazards Safety Commission (AS 44.37.065)--June 30, 2028;
(9) Alaska Health Care Commission (AS 18.09.010)--June 30, 2017;
(10) Citizens' Advisory Commission on Federal Management Areas in Alaska (AS 41.37.160)--June 30, 2021;
(11) Alaska Tourism Marketing Board (AS 44.33.136)--June 30, 2018;
(12) Alaska Criminal Justice Commission (AS 44.19.641)--June 30, 2021;
(13) Marijuana Control Board (AS 17.38.080)--June 30, 2024.
(b) Upon termination, a commission listed in (a) of this section shall continue in existence until June 30 of the next succeeding year for the purpose of concluding its affairs.
(c) A commission scheduled for termination under this chapter may be continued or reestablished by the legislature for a period not to exceed eight years.
(d) Notwithstanding (b) of this section, the powers and duties of the Regulatory Commission of Alaska in the year following expiration are not reduced or otherwise limited, and the commission shall continue in existence after expiration for one year. The commission shall continue to exercise all its powers and perform its duties and responsibilities under AS 42 during the year following its expiration.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 44. State Government § 44.66.010. Expiration of state boards and commissions - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-44-state-government/ak-st-sect-44-66-010.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?