Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
(1) “affected municipality” means an economically affected municipality or a revenue-affected municipality;
(2) “commencement of commercial operations” means the start of regular deliveries of marketable products from an approved qualified project;
(3) “cubic foot of gas” means the quantity of gas contained in a volume of one cubic foot at a standard temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit and a standard absolute pressure of 14.65 pounds per square inch;
(4) “economic proximity” means the distance within which a person may be willing to design, construct, and operate a gas line to provide service to a local consumer;
(5) “economic rent” means the estimated total gross revenue less estimated total costs for a qualified project over the term of a contract under AS 43.82.020, measured in undiscounted nominal dollars; for purposes of this paragraph, total costs do not include a rate of return on capital, financing costs, or any payments to governments;
(6) “economically affected municipality” means a municipality the commissioner of revenue determines will be reasonably required to provide additional public services under the terms proposed in an application approved under AS 43.82.140(a); the commissioner may consider historical data from construction of the Trans Alaska Pipeline System, and information submitted by a municipality in making the determination;
(7) “full project funding” means full approval by a party to a contract under AS 43.82.020 for the expenditure of the capital necessary for construction and operation of the approved qualified project that is subject to the contract;
(8) “gas” has the meaning given in AS 43.55.900;
(9) “group” means two or more persons;
(10) “lease or property” has the meaning given in AS 43.55.900;
(11) “periodic payment” means payment made in lieu of one or more other taxes under a contract under AS 43.82.020;
(12) “revenue-affected municipality” means a municipality that the commissioner of revenue reliably expects will be restricted from imposing a tax, or a portion of a tax, as a result of implementation of a contract developed under this chapter;
(13) “stranded gas” means gas that is not being marketed due to prevailing costs or price conditions as determined by an economic analysis by the commissioner for a particular project.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 43. Revenue and Taxation § 43.82.900. Definitions - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-43-revenue-and-taxation/ak-st-sect-43-82-900.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?