Alaska Statutes Title 39. Public Officers and Employees § 39.20.345. Continuation of pay and benefits for certain members of the reserve and auxiliary units of the armed forces

(a) Notwithstanding any contrary provision of law, the governor, through the issuance of an administrative order, may authorize state employees who are members of a reserve or auxiliary component of the armed forces of the United States, including the organized militia of Alaska, consisting of the Alaska National Guard, the Alaska Naval Militia, and the Alaska State Defense Force, and who are called to active duty by the appropriate state or federal authority to continue to receive the equivalent of their state compensation and some or all of their state benefits.

(b) The Department of Administration shall implement an order issued by the governor under this section.  The Department of Administration may adopt emergency regulations to implement an order issued by the governor under this section, including regulations regarding the scope of compensation and benefits and any allocation between the state and the state employee of contributions relating to the benefits.  Emergency regulations adopted under this section

(1) are not subject to AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act);  and

(2) take effect immediately unless the Department of Administration specifies another date.

(c) In this section, “benefits” includes credited service in a state retirement system, membership in the supplemental employee benefits system under AS 39.30.150 -- 39.30.180 , and group life and health insurance provided under AS 39.30.090 -- 39.30.095 or under a collective bargaining agreement.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard