(a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, a public offering statement must fully and accurately contain or disclose
(1) the name and principal address of the declarant and of the common interest community and indicate whether the common interest community is a condominium, cooperative, or planned community;
(2) a general description of the common interest community, including, in a building constructed for residential purposes with horizontal boundaries, the area of the interior surface of floors available for residential purposes and, to the extent possible, the types, number, and declarant's schedule for the commencement and completion of construction of buildings and amenities that the declarant anticipates including in the common interest community;
(3) the number of units in the common interest community;
(4) copies and a brief narrative description of the significant features of the declaration, other than plats and plans, and
(A) any recorded covenants, conditions, restrictions, and reservations affecting the common interest community;
(B) the bylaws and any rules or regulations of the association;
(C) copies of any contracts and leases to be signed by purchasers at closing; and
(D) a brief narrative description of any contracts or leases that will or may be subject to cancellation by the association under AS 34.08.360 ;
(5) any current balance sheet and a projected budget for the association, either within or as an exhibit to the public offering statement, for one year after the date of the first conveyance to a purchaser, and the current budget of the association, the name of the person who prepared the budget, and a statement of the budget's assumptions concerning occupancy, assumptions concerning the calculation of the amount of reserves certified by a certified architect or engineer, and inflation factors, including, without limitation,
(A) a statement of the amount included in the budget as a reserve for repairs and replacement including the estimated cost of repair or replacement cost and the estimated useful life of the asset to be repaired or replaced;
(B) a statement of any other reserves;
(C) the projected common expense assessment by category of expenditures for the association; and
(D) the projected monthly common expense assessment for each type of unit;
(6) any services not reflected in the budget that the declarant provides, or expenses that the declarant pays and that the declarant expects may become a common expense of the association at a subsequent time and the projected common expense assessment attributable to each of those services or expenses for the association and for each type of unit;
(7) any initial or special fee due from the purchaser at closing, together with a description of the purpose and method of calculating the fee;
(8) a description of liens, defects, or encumbrances on or affecting the title to the common interest community;
(9) a description of financing offered or arranged by the declarant;
(10) the terms and significant limitations of warranties provided by the declarant, including statutory warranties and limitations on the enforcement of the warranties or on damages;
(11) a statement that
(A) within 15 days after receipt of a public offering statement or a preliminary version of the public offering statement that reasonably reflects the contents of the public offering statement that is subsequently delivered to a purchaser, a purchaser, before conveyance, may cancel any contract for purchase of a unit from a declarant;
(B) if a declarant fails to provide a public offering statement to a purchaser before conveying a unit, the purchaser may recover from the declarant up to 10 percent of the sales price of the unit plus 10 percent of the share, proportionate to the common expense liability of the unit, of any indebtedness of the association secured by security interests encumbering the common interest community; and
(C) a purchaser who receives the public offering statement, or a preliminary version of the public offering statement that reasonably reflects the contents of the public offering statement that is subsequently delivered to a purchaser, more than 15 days before signing a contract cannot cancel the contract;
(12) a statement of any unsatisfied judgments or pending suits against the association, and the status of any pending suits material to the common interest community of which a declarant has actual knowledge;
(13) a statement that a deposit made in connection with the purchase of a unit will be held in an escrow account until closing and will be returned to the purchaser if the purchaser cancels the contract under AS 34.08.580 , together with the name and address of the escrow agent;
(14) any restraints on alienation of any portion of the common interest community and any restrictions
(A) on use, occupancy, and alienation of the unit; and
(B) on the amount for which a unit may be sold or on the amount that may be received by a unit owner on sale, condemnation, or casualty loss to the unit or to the common interest community, or on termination of the common interest community;
(15) a description of the insurance coverage provided for the benefit of unit owners;
(16) current or expected fees or charges to be paid by a unit owner for the use of the common elements and other facilities related to the common interest community;
(17) the extent to which financial arrangements have been provided for completion of improvements that the declarant is obligated to build under AS 34.08.690 ;
(18) a brief narrative description of zoning and other land use requirements affecting the common interest community;
(19) each unusual and material circumstance, feature, or characteristic of the common interest community and the units; and
(20) in a cooperative,
(A) whether each unit owner will be entitled, for federal, state, and local income tax purposes, to a pass-through of deductions for payments made by the association for real estate taxes and interest paid the holder of a security interest encumbering the cooperative; and
(B) a statement as to the effect on each unit owner if the association fails to pay real estate taxes or payments due the holder of a security interest encumbering the cooperative.
(b) If a common interest community composed of not more than 12 units is not subject to any development rights and power is not reserved to a declarant to make the common interest community part of a larger common interest community, group of common interest communities, or other real estate, a public offering statement may but need not include the information required by (a)(9), (10) and (15) - (19) of this section and the narrative descriptions of documents required by (a)(4) of this section.
(c) A declarant promptly shall amend the public offering statement to report any material change in the information required by this section.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.