Alaska Statutes Title 29. Municipal Government § 29.06.100. Petition
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Alaska Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Residents of two or more municipalities may file a merger or consolidation petition with the department. The petition must be signed by a number of voters of each existing municipality equal to at least 25 percent of the number of votes cast in each municipality's last regular election.
(b) The petition includes
(1) the name and class of each existing municipality;
(2) the name and class of the proposed municipality;
(3) the proposed composition and apportionment of the governing body;
(4) maps, documents, and other information that shows that the proposed municipality meets the standards for municipal incorporation;
(5) for a home rule municipality, a proposed home rule charter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 29. Municipal Government § 29.06.100. Petition - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-29-municipal-government/ak-st-sect-29-06-100.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?