Alaska Statutes Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations § 25.23.080. Petition for adoption
Search Alaska Statutes
(a) The caption of a petition for adoption shall be styled substantially “In the Matter of the Adoption of ․․․․․․․․․․”. The person to be adopted shall be designated in the caption under the name by which the person is to be known if the petition is granted. If the child is placed for adoption by an agency, any name by which the child was previously known may not be disclosed in the petition or in the decree of adoption.
(b) A petition for adoption shall be signed and verified by the petitioner, filed with the clerk of the court, and state
(1) the date and place of birth of the person to be adopted, if known;
(2) the name to be used for the person to be adopted;
(3) the date of placement of the minor and the name of the person placing the minor;
(4) the full name, age, place, and duration of residence of the petitioner;
(5) the marital status of the petitioner, including the date and place of marriage, if married;
(6) that the petitioner has facilities and resources, including those available under a hard-to-place child subsidy agreement, suitable to provide for the nurture and care of the minor to be adopted, and that it is the desire of the petitioner to establish the relationship of parent and child with the person to be adopted;
(7) a description and estimate of value of any property of the person to be adopted; and
(8) the name of any person whose consent to the adoption is required, but who has not consented, and facts or circumstances that excuse the lack of the consent normally required to the adoption.
(c) A certified copy of the birth certificate or verification of the birth record of the person to be adopted, if available, the information specified in AS 25.23.185(a) , if available, and the required consents, relinquishments, and termination orders shall be filed with the clerk.
(d) A petitioner petitioning to adopt a child in state custody under AS 47.10 shall file the petition for adoption in either the court where the child-in-need-of-aid proceedings are pending or the judicial district in which the petitioner resides, as required under AS 25.23.030(d) and AS 47.10.111 .
Read this complete Alaska Statutes Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations § 25.23.080. Petition for adoption on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.