(a) Unless consent is not required under AS 25.23.050 , a petition to adopt a minor may be granted only if written consent to a particular adoption has been executed by
(1) the mother of the minor;
(2) the father of the minor, if the father was married to the mother at the time the minor was conceived or at any time after conception, the minor is the father's child by adoption, or the father has otherwise legitimated the minor under the laws of the state;
(3) any person lawfully entitled to custody of the minor or empowered to consent;
(4) the court having jurisdiction to determine custody of the minor, if the legal guardian or custodian of the person of the minor is not empowered to consent to the adoption;
(5) the minor, if 10 years of age or older, unless the court in the best interest of the minor dispenses with the minor's consent; and
(6) the spouse of the minor to be adopted.
(b) A petition to adopt an adult may be granted only if written consent to adoption has been executed by the adult and the adult's spouse or by the guardian or conservator of an incapacitated adult.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.