Alaska Statutes Title 21. Insurance § 21.36.030. Misrepresentation and false advertising of insurance policies
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Alaska Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) A person may not make, issue, circulate, broadcast, or have made, issued, circulated, or broadcast an estimate, circular, statement, illustration, comparison, assertion, or other written, electronic, or oral presentation that
(1) misrepresents the benefits, advantages, conditions, sponsorship, source, or terms of an insurance policy or a health discount plan;
(2) misrepresents the dividends or share of the surplus to be received on an insurance policy;
(3) misrepresents an insurance policy as being a share or shares of stock;
(4) makes a false or misleading statement as to the dividends or shares of the surplus previously paid on an insurance policy;
(5) misrepresents or makes a misleading statement as to the financial condition of an insurer or as to the legal reserve system upon which a life insurer operates;
(6) uses a name or title of an insurance policy or class of insurance policies misrepresenting its true nature;
(7) is a misrepresentation for the purpose of inducing, or that tends to induce the lapse, forfeiture, exchange, conversion, or surrender of an insurance policy;
(8) is a misrepresentation for the purpose of effecting or tending to effect a pledge or assignment of or loan against an insurance policy;
(9) appears to be an actual policy for a named individual when it is merely an advertisement;
(10) does not clearly designate the name of the insurer providing the coverage or about which the statements are made;
(11) is in any other way misleading, false, or deceptive;
(12) misrepresents a health discount plan as a form or type of insurance;
(13) describes a health discount plan using common insurance terminology; or
(14) misrepresents that a health discount plan is underwritten by or associated with an insurer.
(b) In this section, “misrepresentation” includes any statement or omission of a statement that when taken in the context of the whole presentation may tend to mislead or deceive the person or persons addressed.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 21. Insurance § 21.36.030. Misrepresentation and false advertising of insurance policies - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-21-insurance/ak-st-sect-21-36-030.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?