Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In AS 18.65.700 - 18.65.790,
(1) “commissioner” means the commissioner of public safety;
(2) “competence” means the ability to place in a life size silhouette target
(A) seven out of 10 shots at seven yards;
(B) six out of 10 shots at 15 yards;
(3) “concealed handgun” means a firearm, that is a pistol or a revolver, and that is covered or enclosed in any manner so that an observer cannot determine that it is a handgun without removing it from that which covers or encloses it or without opening, lifting, or removing that which covers or encloses it; however, “concealed handgun” does not include a shotgun, rifle, or a prohibited weapon as defined under AS 11.61.200;
(4) “department” means the Department of Public Safety;
(5) “permit” means a permit to carry a concealed handgun issued under AS 18.65.700-18.65.790.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 18. Health, Safety, Housing, Human Rights, and Public Defender § 18.65.790. Definitions - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-18-health-safety-housing-human-rights-and-public-defender/ak-st-sect-18-65-790.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?