Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
(1) “board” means the board of directors of the corporation;
(2) “commission” means the Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education created in AS 14.42.015;
(3) “corporation” means the Alaska Student Loan Corporation created in AS 14.42.100;
(4) “education loan” means a loan that is eligible for financing or is financed from the education loan fund established in AS 14.42.210;
(5) “eligible student” means an individual who meets the eligibility requirements established by the federal guaranteed student loan program or as otherwise set out in this chapter;
(6) “federal guaranteed student loan program” means the programs of the United States government that make postsecondary educational financial aid available under 20 U.S.C. 1070--1099c-2, as amended;
(7) “repayment obligation” means an obligation to repay financial support that is financed from the education loan fund established in AS 14.42.210 or otherwise administered by the commission.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums § 14.42.990. Definitions - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-14-education-libraries-and-museums/ak-st-sect-14-42-990.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?