(a) Prosecution for the following offenses may be commenced at any time:
(2) attempt, solicitation, or conspiracy to commit murder or hindering the prosecution of murder;
(3) felony sexual abuse of a minor;
(4) sexual assault that is an unclassified, class A, or class B felony or a violation of AS 11.41.425(a)(2)--(4) ;
(5) a violation of AS 11.41.425 , 11.41.427 , 11.41.450 -- 11.41.458 , AS 11.66.110 -- 11.66.130 , or former AS 11.41.430 , when committed against a person who, at the time of the offense, was under 18 years of age;
(7) distribution of child pornography in violation of AS 11.61.125 ;
(8) sex trafficking in violation of AS 11.66.110 -- 11.66.130 that is an unclassified, class A, or class B felony or that is committed against a person who, at the time of the offense, was under 20 years of age;
(b) Except as otherwise provided by law or in (a) of this section, a person may not be prosecuted, tried, or punished for an offense unless the indictment is found or the information or complaint is instituted not later than
(2) five years after the commission of any other offense.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.