(a) A person commits the offense of sending an explicit image of a minor if the person, with intent to annoy or humiliate another person, distributes an electronic photograph or video that depicts the genitals, anus, or female breast of that other person taken when that person was a minor under 16 years of age.
(b) In this section,
(1) “computer” has the meaning given in AS 11.46.990 ;
(2) “distributes” means to deliver the image to another person by sending the image to the other person's computer or telephone;
(3) “Internet” has the meaning given in AS 11.46.710(d) .
(c) Sending an explicit image of a minor is
(1) a class B misdemeanor if the person distributes the image to another person;
(2) a class A misdemeanor if the person distributes the image to an Internet website that is accessible to the public.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.