Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) A person commits the offense of sending an explicit image of a minor if the person, with intent to annoy or humiliate another person, distributes an electronic photograph or video that depicts the genitals, anus, or female breast of that other person taken when that person was a minor under 16 years of age.
(b) In this section,
(1) “computer” has the meaning given in AS 11.46.990 ;
(2) “distributes” means to deliver the image to another person by sending the image to the other person's computer or telephone;
(3) “Internet” has the meaning given in AS 11.46.710(d) .
(c) Sending an explicit image of a minor is
(1) a class B misdemeanor if the person distributes the image to another person;
(2) a class A misdemeanor if the person distributes the image to an Internet website that is accessible to the public.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 11. Criminal Law § 11.61.116. Sending an explicit image of a minor - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-11-criminal-law/ak-st-sect-11-61-116.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.