Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The department may issue an order directing a licensee to refrain from providing additional financing assistance to businesses if, in the opinion of the department, the order is necessary to protect the interests of the licensee or the public, and if, after notice and a hearing, the department determines that
(1) the licensee or a controlling person, subsidiary, or affiliate of the licensee has violated this chapter or another applicable law;
(2) the licensee is conducting the licensee's business in an unsafe and unsound manner;
(3) the licensee is in a condition that makes it unsafe or unsound for the licensee to transact business;
(4) the licensee has ceased to transact business as a BIDCO;
(5) the licensee is insolvent;
(6) the licensee has suspended payment of the licensee's obligations, has made an assignment for the benefit of the licensee's creditors, or has admitted in writing the licensee's inability to pay the licensee's debts as the debts become due;
(7) the licensee has applied for an adjudication of bankruptcy, reorganization, arrangement, or other relief under a bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, or moratorium law, an involuntary petition in bankruptcy against the person has not been dismissed in 90 days, or a person has applied for the relief under the law against a licensee and the relief has been granted or the licensee has by an affirmative act approved of or consented to the action; or
(8) a fact or condition exists that would have been grounds for denying the licensee a license if the fact or condition had existed when the licensee applied for the license.
(b) If the department determines that a factor in (a) of this section is true with respect to a licensee and that it is necessary for the protection of the interests of the licensee or the public that the department immediately prevent the licensee from providing additional financing assistance to businesses, the department may issue the order without a hearing.
(c) If the department consents, a licensee that has been the subject of an order under (a) or (b) of this section may resume providing financing assistance to businesses under the conditions that the department prescribes.
(d) A person to whom an order is issued under (a) or (b) of this section may apply to the department to modify or rescind the order. The department may not grant the application unless the department determines that it is in the interest of the public to do so and that it is reasonable to believe that the person will comply with this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 10. Corporations and Associations § 10.13.800. Ordinancers restricting additional financing assistance - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-10-corporations-and-associations/ak-st-sect-10-13-800.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?