West Virginia Code Chapter 27. Mentally Ill Persons
This is FindLaw's hosted version of West Virginia Code Chapter 27. Mentally Ill Persons. Use this page to navigate to all sections within Chapter 27. Mentally Ill Persons. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.
Search West Virginia Code
- Article 1. Words and Phrases Defined
- Article 1A. Department of Health
- Article 2. Mental Health Facilities
- Article 2A. Mental Health--Intellectual Disability Centers
- Article 3. Confidentiality
- Article 4. Voluntary Hospitalization
- Article 5. Involuntary Hospitalization
- Article 6. Suicide Prevention and Awareness
- Article 6A. Competency and Criminal Responsibility of Persons Charged or Convicted of a Crime
- Article 7. Release, Discharge and Readmission of Patients; Escapees
- Article 8. Maintenance of Mentally Ill or Mentally Retarded Patients
- Article 9. Licensing of Hospitals
- Article 12. Offenses
- Article 13. Laws Repealed; Severability
- Article 14. Interstate Compact on Mental Health
- Article 15. Interstate Compact on the Mentally Disordered Offender
- Article 17. Group Residential Facilities
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.