41 U.S.C. § 7101 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 41. Public Contracts § 7101. Definitions
Search U.S. Code
In this chapter:
(1) Administrator. --The term “Administrator” means the Administrator for Federal Procurement Policy appointed pursuant to section 1102 of this title.
(2) Agency board or agency board of contract appeals. --The term “agency board” or “agency board of contract appeals” means--
(A) the Armed Services Board;
(B) the Civilian Board;
(C) the board of contract appeals of the Tennessee Valley Authority; or
(D) the Postal Service Board established under section 7105(d)(1) of this title.
(3) Agency head. --The term “agency head” means the head and any assistant head of an executive agency. The term may include the chief official of a principal division of an executive agency if the head of the executive agency so designates that chief official.
(4) Armed Services Board. --The term “Armed Services Board” means the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals established under section 7105(a)(1) of this title.
(5) Civilian Board. --The term “Civilian Board” means the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals established under section 7105(b)(1) of this title.
(6) Contracting officer. --The term “contracting officer”--
(A) means an individual who, by appointment in accordance with applicable regulations, has the authority to make and administer contracts and to make determinations and findings with respect to contracts; and
(B) includes an authorized representative of the contracting officer, acting within the limits of the representative's authority.
(7) Contractor. --The term “contractor” means a party to a Federal Government contract other than the Federal Government.
(8) Executive agency. --The term “executive agency” means--
(A) an executive department as defined in section 101 of title 5 ;
(B) a military department as defined in section 102 of title 5 ;
(C) an independent establishment as defined in section 104 of title 5 , except that the term does not include the Government Accountability Office; and
(D) a wholly owned Government corporation as defined in section 9101(3) of title 31 .
(9) Misrepresentation of fact. --The term “misrepresentation of fact” means a false statement of substantive fact, or conduct that leads to a belief of a substantive fact material to proper understanding of the matter in hand, made with intent to deceive or mislead.
Read this complete 41 U.S.C. § 7101 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 41. Public Contracts § 7101. Definitions on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.