New York Consolidated Laws, Vehicle and Traffic Law - VAT
This is FindLaw's hosted version of New York Consolidated Laws, Vehicle and Traffic Law. Use this page to navigate to all sections within Vehicle and Traffic Law. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.
Search New York Codes
- Title I. Words and Phrases Defined
- Title II. Department of Motor Vehicles; Commissioner
- Title III. Safety Responsibility; Financial Security; Equipment; Inspection; Size and Weight; and Other Provisions
- Title IV. Registration of Vehicles
- Title V. Drivers' Licenses
- Title VI. Accidents and Accident Reports
- Title VII. Rules of the Road
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.