New York Municipal Home Rule Law - MHR
This is FindLaw's hosted version of New York's Municipal Home Rule Law. Use this page to navigate to all sections within the Municipal Home Rule Law. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.
Search New York Codes
- Article 1. Short Title; Definitions
- Article 2. General Powers of Local Governments to Adopt and Amend Local Laws; Restrictions
- Article 3. Procedure for Adoption of Local Laws; Referenda; Filing and Publication
- Article 4. Powers of Counties and Cities to Adopt Charters
- Article 5. Requests of Local Governments for Enactment of Special Laws Relating to Their Property, Affairs or Government
- Article 6. Legislative Intent; Construction; Effective Date
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.