New York Multiple Dwelling Law - MDW
This is FindLaw's hosted version of the New York Multiple Dwelling Law. Use this page to navigate to all sections within the Multiple Dwelling Law. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.
Search New York Codes
- Article 1. Introductory Provisions; Definitions
- Article 2. Miscellaneous Application Provisions
- Article 3. Multiple Dwellings--General Provisions
- Article 4. Fireproof Multiple Dwellings
- Article 5. Non-Fireproof Multiple Dwellings
- Article 5-A. Garden-Type Maisonette Dwelling Projects
- Article 6. Converted Dwellings
- Article 7. Tenements
- Article 7-A. Temporary Provisions
- Article 7-B. Joint Living-Work Quarters for Artists, or General Residential Occupancy of Loft, Commercial or Manufacturing Buildings
- Article 7-C. Legalization of Interim Multiple Dwellings
- Article 8. Requirements and Remedies
- Article 9. Registry of Names and Service of Papers
- Article 10. Prostitution
- Article 11. Laws Repealed; Saving Clauses; Effect
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.