New York General Obligations Law - GOB
This is FindLaw's hosted version of New York's General Obligations Law. Use this page to navigate to all sections within the General Obligations Law. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.
Search New York Codes
- Article 1. Short Title; Construction; Applicability of Certain Sections
- Article 3. Capacity; Effect of Status or of Certain Relationships or Occupations Upon the Creation, Definition or Enforcement of Obligations
- Article 5. Creation, Definition and Enforcement of Contractual Obligations
- Article 7. Obligations Relating to Property Received as Security
- Article 9. Obligations of Care
- Article 11. Obligations to Make Compensation or Restitution
- Article 12. Drug Dealer Liability Act
- Article 13. Transfer of Obligations and Rights
- Article 15. Modification and Discharge of Obligations
- Article 17. Revival or Extension; Waiver of Defense or Bar
- Article 18. Safety in Skiing Code
- Article 18-A. Specifications of Liability for Employers and Employees
- Article 19. Laws Repealed; Effective Date
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of WestlawNext, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit WestlawNext.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via WestlawNext before relying on it for your legal needs.