New York Estates, Powers and Trusts Law - EPT
This is FindLaw's hosted version of New York's Estates, Powers and Trusts Law. Use this page to navigate to all sections within the Estates, Powers and Trusts Law. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.
Search New York Codes
- Article 1. General Provisions
- Article 2. Rules Governing Dispositions Subject to This Law
- Article 3. Substantive Law of Wills
- Article 4. Descent and Distribution of an Intestate Estate
- Article 5. Family Rights
- Article 6. Classification, Creation, Definition of, and Rules Governing Estates in Property
- Article 7. Trusts
- Article 8. Charitable Trusts
- Article 9. Perpetuities and Accumulations
- Article 10. Powers
- Article 11. Fiduciaries: Powers, Duties and Limitations; Actions by or Against in Representative or Individual Capacities
- Article 11-A. Uniform Principal and Income Act
- Article 12. Actions by Creditors and Other Persons Against Distributees and Testamentary Beneficiaries
- Article 13. Other Provisions Affecting Estates
- Article 14. Repealer; Derivation and Distribution Tables; Effective Date
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.