New York Abandoned Property Law - ABP
This is FindLaw's hosted version of New York's Abandoned Property Law. Use this page to navigate to all sections within the Abandoned Property Law. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.
Search New York Codes
- Article I. Short Title; Declaration of Policy; Definitions
- Article II. Escheat of Real Property
- Article III. Unclaimed Property Held or Owing by Banking Organizations
- Article IV. Unclaimed Deposits and Refunds for Utility Services
- Article V. Unclaimed Property Held or Owing for Payment to Security Holders
- Article V-A. Unclaimed Property Held by Brokers
- Article VI. Unclaimed or Unknown Owner Court Funds
- Article VII. Unclaimed Life Insurance Funds
- Article X. Unclaimed Condemnation Awards
- Article XII. Escheat of Property Paid or Deposited in Federal Courts
- Article XII-A. Unclaimed or Abandoned Property in the Possession, Custody or Control of the United States of America
- Article XIII. Miscellaneous Unclaimed Property
- Article XIV. General Provisions
- Article XV. Laws Repealed; Constitutionality; Effective Date
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of WestlawNext, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit WestlawNext.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via WestlawNext before relying on it for your legal needs.