North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 26. Suretyship
This is FindLaw's hosted version of North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 26. Suretyship. Use this page to navigate to all sections within Chapter 26. Suretyship. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.
Search North Carolina General Statutes
- NC GEN ST § 26-1. Surety and principal distinguished in judgment and execution
- NC GEN ST § 26-2. Principal liable on execution before surety
- NC GEN ST § 26-3. Summary remedy of surety against principal
- NC GEN ST § 26-3.1. Surety's recovery on obligation paid; no assignment necessary
- NC GEN ST § 26-4. Subrogation of surety paying debt of deceased principal
- NC GEN ST § 26-5. Contribution among sureties
- NC GEN ST § 26-6. Dissenting surety not liable to surety on stay of execution
- NC GEN ST § 26-7. Surety, indorser, or guarantor may notify creditor to take action
- NC GEN ST § 26-8. Notice; how given; prima facie evidence thereof
- NC GEN ST § 26-9. Effect of failure of creditor to take action
- NC GEN ST § 26-11. Cancellation of judgment as to surety
- NC GEN ST § 26-12. Joinder of debtor by surety
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.