Montana Title 76. Land Resources and Use § 76-13-415. Forestry extension service account--purpose--appropriation
Search Montana Code Annotated
(1) There is a forestry extension service account in the current restricted fund provided for in 17-2-102.
(2) There must be deposited in the account:
(a) all revenue from the fire hazard reduction agreement provided for in 76-13-414(2)(c);
(b) all revenue from the master fire hazard reduction agreement provided for in 76-13-414(3)(b); and
(c) money received by the department in the form of legislative appropriations, reimbursements, gifts, federal funds, or appropriations from any source intended to be used for the purposes of this account.
(3) Money in the account is available to the Montana university system by appropriation for the uses set forth in subsection (4). Any unencumbered and unexpended balance remaining in this account at the end of a fiscal year does not lapse but must be carried forward for the purposes of this section until expended or appropriated.
(4) Except as provided in subsection (5), money in the account may be used by the university system only to fund forestry services through the Montana cooperative extension service of Montana state university-Bozeman. The forestry services must be conducted at Montana state university-Bozeman, the university of Montana-Missoula, and Flathead Valley community college.
(5) The use of money in this account by the Montana university system is contingent upon the university system funding the extension service's forestry and natural resources program at a biennial level of at least $108,000 from sources other than the account.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.