Louisiana Code of Evidence
This is FindLaw's hosted version of the Louisiana Code of Evidence. Use this page to navigate to all sections within the Louisiana Code of Evidence. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.
Search Louisiana Laws
- Chapter 1. General Provisions
- Chapter 2. Judicial Notice
- Chapter 3. Effect in Civil Cases of Presumptions and Prima Facie Evidence
- Chapter 4. Relevancy and Its Limits
- Chapter 5. Testimonial Privileges
- Chapter 6. Witnesses
- Chapter 7. Opinions and Expert Testimony
- Chapter 8. Hearsay
- Chapter 9. Authentication and Identification
- Chapter 10. Contents of Writings, Recordings, and Photographs
- Chapter 11. Miscellaneous Rules
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.