Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XXIX. Commerce and Trade § 367.372. Definitions for KRS 367.372 to 367.378
Search Kentucky Revised Statutes
(1) “Building materials” means lumber, construction tools, windows, and anything else used in the building or rebuilding of property;
(2) “Consumer food item” means any article used or intended for use for food, drink, confection, or condiment by a person or animal;
(3) “Emergency supplies” includes but is not limited to water, flashlights, radios, batteries, candles, blankets, soap, diapers, temporary shelters, tape, toiletries, plywood, nails, and hammers;
(4) “Gasoline” means any fuel used to power any motor vehicle or power tool;
(5) “Goods” has the same meaning as in KRS 355.2-105 ;
(6) “Housing” means any rental housing and includes any housing provided by a hotel or motel;
(7) “Medical supplies” includes but is not limited to prescription and nonprescription medications, bandages, gauze, isopropyl alcohol, and antibacterial products;
(8) “Person” has the same meaning as in KRS 446.010 ;
(9) “Repair or reconstruction services” means services performed by any person for repairs to residential or commercial property of any type that is damaged as a result of a natural or man-made disaster or emergency resulting from an event referred to in subsection (11) of this section;
(10) “Services” means work, labor, or services, including services furnished in connection with the sale or repair of goods or real property or improvements thereto;
(11) “State of emergency” means a natural or man-made disaster resulting from a tornado, earthquake, flood, fire, riot, storm, act of war, threat of war, military action, the time of instability following a terrorist attack, or any other event for which a state of emergency has been proclaimed by the President of the United States or declared by the Governor. It shall also include the duration of a Condition Red as declared by the United States Department of Homeland Security under the Homeland Security Advisory System; and
(12) “Transportation, freight, and storage services” means any service that is performed by a person that contracts to move, store, or transport personal or business property or rents equipment for those purposes.
Read this complete Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XXIX. Commerce and Trade § 367.372. Definitions for KRS 367.372 to 367.378 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.