Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure § 35-45-6-1
Search Indiana Code
Sec. 1 . (a) The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(b) “Documentary material” means any document, drawing, photograph, recording, or other tangible item containing compiled data from which information can be either obtained or translated into a usable form.
(c) “Enterprise” means:
(1) a sole proprietorship, corporation, limited liability company, partnership, business trust, or governmental entity; or
(2) a union, an association, or a group, whether a legal entity or merely associated in fact.
(d) “Pattern of racketeering activity” means engaging in at least two (2) incidents of racketeering activity that have the same or similar intent, result, accomplice, victim, or method of commission, or that are otherwise interrelated by distinguishing characteristics that are not isolated incidents. However, the incidents are a pattern of racketeering activity only if at least one (1) of the incidents occurred after August 31, 1980, and if the last of the incidents occurred within five (5) years after a prior incident of racketeering activity.
(e) “Racketeering activity” means to commit, to attempt to commit, to conspire to commit a violation of, or aiding and abetting in a violation of any of the following:
(1) A provision of IC 23-19, or of a rule or order issued under IC 23-19.
(2) A violation of IC 35-45-9.
(3) A violation of IC 35-47.
(4) A violation of IC 35-49-3.
(5) Murder ( IC 35-42-1-1 ).
(6) Battery as a Class C felony before July 1, 2014, or a Level 5 felony after June 30, 2014 ( IC 35-42-2-1 ).
(7) Kidnapping ( IC 35-42-3-2 ).
(8) Human and sexual trafficking crimes (IC 35-42-3.5).
(9) Child exploitation ( IC 35-42-4-4 ).
(10) Robbery ( IC 35-42-5-1 ).
(11) Carjacking ( IC 35-42-5-2 ) (before its repeal).
(12) Arson ( IC 35-43-1-1 ).
(13) Burglary ( IC 35-43-2-1 ).
(14) Theft ( IC 35-43-4-2 ).
(15) Receiving stolen property ( IC 35-43-4-2 ).
(16) Forgery ( IC 35-43-5-2 ).
(18) Bribery ( IC 35-44.1-1-2 ).
(19) Official misconduct ( IC 35-44.1-1-1 ).
(20) Conflict of interest ( IC 35-44.1-1-4 ).
(21) Perjury ( IC 35-44.1-2-1 ).
(22) Obstruction of justice ( IC 35-44.1-2-2 ).
(23) Intimidation ( IC 35-45-2-1 ).
(24) Promoting prostitution ( IC 35-45-4-4 ).
(25) Professional gambling ( IC 35-45-5-3 ).
(26) Maintaining a professional gambling site ( IC 35-45-5-3.5(b) ).
(27) Promoting professional gambling ( IC 35-45-5-4 ).
(28) Dealing in or manufacturing cocaine or a narcotic drug ( IC 35-48-4-1 ).
(29) Dealing in or manufacturing methamphetamine ( IC 35-48-4-1.1 ).
(30) Dealing in a schedule I, II, or III controlled substance ( IC 35-48-4-2 ).
(31) Dealing in a schedule IV controlled substance ( IC 35-48-4-3 ).
(32) Dealing in a schedule V controlled substance ( IC 35-48-4-4 ).
(33) Dealing in marijuana, hash oil, hashish, or salvia ( IC 35-48-4-10 ).
(34) Money laundering ( IC 35-45-15-5 ).
(35) A violation of IC 35-47.5-5.
(36) A violation of any of the following:
(A) IC 23-14-48-9 .
(B) IC 30-2-9-7(b) .
(C) IC 30-2-10-9(b) .
(D) IC 30-2-13-38(f) .
(37) Practice of law by a person who is not an attorney ( IC 33-43-2-1 ).
Read this complete Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure § 35-45-6-1 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.