Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure IN CODE Section 35-42-4-8
Search Indiana Code
Sec. 8. (a) A person who, with intent to arouse or satisfy the person's own sexual desires or the sexual desires of another person:
(1) touches another person when that person is:
(A) compelled to submit to the touching by force or the imminent threat of force; or
(B) so mentally disabled or deficient that consent to the touching cannot be given; or
(2) touches another person's genitals, pubic area, buttocks, or female breast when that person is unaware that the touching is occurring;
commits sexual battery, a Level 6 felony.
(b) An offense described in subsection (a) is a Level 4 felony if:
(1) it is committed by using or threatening the use of deadly force;
(2) it is committed while armed with a deadly weapon; or
(3) the commission of the offense is facilitated by furnishing the victim, without the victim's knowledge, with a drug (as defined in IC 16-42-19-2(1)) or a controlled substance (as defined in IC 35-48-1-9) or knowing that the victim was furnished with the drug or controlled substance without the victim's knowledge.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.