Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure § 35-38-1-13
Search Indiana Code
Sec. 13. (a) Any:
(1) presentence report or memoranda; and
(2) report of a physical or mental examination;
submitted to the court in connection with sentencing shall be kept confidential.
(b) The materials specified in subsection (a) may not be made available to any person or public or private agency other than:
(1) the convicted person and his counsel;
(2) the prosecuting attorney;
(3) a probation department;
(4) the community corrections program in which an offender is placed under IC 35-38-2.6; and
(5) the Indiana criminal justice institute established under IC 5-2-6;
except where specifically required or permitted by statute or upon specific authorization by the court and the convicted person.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.