Indiana Code Title 32. Property § 32-31-7-5
Search Indiana Code
Sec. 5. A tenant shall do the following:
(1) Comply with all obligations imposed primarily on a tenant by applicable provisions of health and housing codes.
(2) Keep the areas of the rental premises occupied or used by the tenant reasonably clean.
(3) Use the following in a reasonable manner:
(A) Electrical systems.
(C) Sanitary systems.
(D) Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems.
(E) Elevators, if provided.
(F) Facilities and appliances of the rental premises.
(4) Refrain from defacing, damaging, destroying, impairing, or removing any part of the rental premises.
(5) Comply with all reasonable rules and regulations in existence at the time a rental agreement is entered into. A tenant shall also comply with amended rules and regulations as provided in the rental agreement.
(6) Ensure that each smoke detector installed in the tenant's rental unit remains functional and is not disabled. If the smoke detector is battery operated, the tenant shall replace batteries in the smoke detector as necessary. If the smoke detector is hard wired into the rental unit's electrical system, and the tenant believes that the smoke detector is not functional, the tenant shall provide notice to the landlord under IC 22-11-18-3.5(e)(2).
This section may not be construed to limit a landlord's obligations under this chapter or IC 32-31-8.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.