Indiana Code Title 16. Health IN CODE Section 16-42-19-16
Search Indiana Code
Sec.16. Except as provided in section 30 of this chapter, a person may not do any of the following:
(1) Obtain or attempt to obtain a legend drug or procure or attempt to procure the administration of a legend drug by any of the following:
(A) Fraud, deceit, misrepresentation, or subterfuge.
(B) The forgery or alteration of a prescription, drug order, or written order.
(C) The concealment of a material fact.
(D) The use of a false name or the giving of a false address.
(2) Communicate information to a physician in an effort unlawfully to procure a legend drug or unlawfully to procure the administration of a legend drug. Such a communication is not considered a privileged communication.
(3) Intentionally make a false statement in a prescription, drug order, order, report, or record required by this chapter.
(4) For the purpose of obtaining a legend drug, falsely assume the title of or represent oneself to be a manufacturer, wholesaler, pharmacist, physician, dentist, veterinarian, or other person.
(5) Make or utter a false or forged prescription or false drug order or forged written order.
(6) Affix a false or forged label to a package or receptacle containing legend drugs. This subdivision does not apply to law enforcement agencies or their representatives while engaged in enforcing this chapter.
(7) Dispense a legend drug except as provided in this chapter.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.