Indiana Code Title 13. Environment § 13-17-3-4
Search Indiana Code
Sec. 4. (a) The board shall adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 that are:
(1) consistent with the general intent and purposes declared in IC 13-17-1 and section 1 of this chapter; and
(2) necessary to the implementation of the federal Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7401 et seq.), as amended by the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 (P.L.101-549).
(b) Notwithstanding IC 13-15-5, the board may adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 and IC 13-14-9 that allow the commissioner's actions on permits and permit modifications to become effective immediately, regardless of whether a thirty (30) day comment period is held on the permits or permit modifications. The board may adopt rules under this subsection only after considering the:
(1) environmental significance of;
(2) federal requirements for federally delegated or approved programs concerning; and
(3) need for opportunity for public participation on;
the permits or permit modifications.
(c) The board may adopt rules to require sources to report hazardous air pollutant emissions if the reporting is necessary to demonstrate compliance with emissions and other performance standards established under 42 U.S.C. 7412 or 42 U.S.C. 7429. The board may amend 326 IAC 2-6 to allow the department to request hazardous air pollutant emissions data from individual sources for the purpose of site specific studies of hazardous air pollutant:
(1) emissions; and
(d) The board may amend 326 IAC 2-6 or adopt new rules to establish a general requirement for sources to report hazardous air pollutant emissions (as defined by 42 U.S.C. 7412(b)).
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.