Indiana Code Title 12. Human Services § 12-13-14-4.5
Search Indiana Code
Sec. 4.5. (a) Except as provided in this section, the division may distribute cash assistance benefits to a person who is eligible for assistance under the Title IV-A assistance program though an automated teller machine or a point of sale terminal that is connected to the EBT system.
(b) The following establishments shall post a sign next to each automated teller machine or point of sale terminal located on the premises informing a potential user that the automated teller machine or point of sale terminal may not be used to receive cash assistance benefits under the Title IV-A assistance program:
(1) A horse racing establishment:
(A) where the pari-mutuel system of wagering is authorized; and
(B) for which a permit is required under IC 4-31-5.
(2) A satellite facility:
(A) where wagering on horse racing is conducted; and
(B) for which a license is required under IC 4-31-5.5.
(3) An allowable event required to be licensed by the Indiana gaming commission under IC 4-32.2.
(4) A riverboat or other facility required to be licensed by the Indiana gaming commission under IC 4-33.
(5) A store or other establishment:
(A) where the primary business is the sale of firearms (as defined in IC 35-47-1-5); and
(B) that sells handguns for which a license to sell handguns is required under IC 35-47-2.
(6) A store or other establishment where the primary business is the sale of alcoholic beverages for which a permit is required under IC 7.1-3.
(7) An adult entertainment establishment.
(1) establishment that does not post the sign required under subsection (b); or
(2) individual who attempts to use an automated teller machine or point of sale terminal with a sign posted as required under subsection (b) to access cash assistance benefits under the Title IV-A assistance program in violation of subsection (b);
commits a Class C misdemeanor.
(d) The owner, vendor, or third party processor of an automated teller machine or point of sale terminal shall disable or have disabled access to electronic cash assistance benefits in a location described in subsection (b) unless the location has been approved by the federal Food and Nutrition Services. The division shall provide assistance to an owner, vendor, or third party processor under this subsection. A person that violates this subsection commits a Class B infraction.
(e) The division shall adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 to carry out this section.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.