District of Columbia Code Division IV. Criminal Law and Procedure and Prisoners. § 22-3051. Definitions.
Search District of Columbia Code
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Disclose” means to transfer or exhibit to 5 or fewer persons.
(2) “Harm” means any injury, whether physical or nonphysical, including psychological, financial, or reputational injury.
(3) “Internet” means an electronically available platform by which sexual images can be disseminated to a wide audience, including social media, websites, and smartphone applications; provided, that the term “Internet” does not include a text message.
(4) “Private area” means the genitals, anus, or pubic area of a person, or the nipple of a developed female breast, including the breast of a transgender female.
(5) “Publish” means to transfer or exhibit to 6 or more persons, or to make available for viewing by uploading to the Internet.
(6) “Sexual conduct” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 22-3101(5).
(7) “Sexual image” means a photograph, video, or other visual recording of an unclothed private area or of sexual conduct.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.