Colorado Revised Statutes Title 16 Criminal Proceedings § 16-13-701 Reporting of forfeited property
Search Colorado Revised Statutes
(1) Any provision of law to the contrary notwithstanding, the elected district attorney for each judicial district shall file an annual forfeiture report on or before April 1 for the previous calendar year. Such report shall include:
(a) A description of all property that was the subject of a forfeiture action filed in the judicial district, including the forfeiture case number;
(b) The criminal charges filed against the owner of the property and the criminal case number;
(c) Disposition or status of the criminal and forfeiture actions, including the value of the property forfeited or the amount of proceeds of the forfeiture, if the property is liquidated;
(d) A description and the value of any property seized by the district attorney's office that was transferred to the United States for forfeiture under federal law, including the federal forfeiture case number and the criminal case number, whether the criminal action was filed in state or federal court, and the grounds for the transfer; and
(e) The total proceeds received by the district attorney in the judicial district from all federal forfeiture actions arising in the judicial district.
(2) The report required in this section shall be filed with the department of local affairs and shall constitute a public record and shall be open to inspection as provided in the “Colorado Open Records Act”, part 2 of article 72 of title 24, C.R.S.
(3) Any state or local law enforcement agency or multijurisdictional task force that receives proceeds from federal forfeiture actions shall submit a copy to the department of local affairs of any accounting report filed by such agency pursuant to federal law or regulation. The federal annual accounting report shall constitute a public record and shall be open to inspection as provided in the “Colorado Open Records Act”, part 2 of article 72 of title 24, C.R.S. Such information shall be subject to audit in accordance with part 6 of article 1 of title 29, C.R.S.
(4) The unit in the department of human services that administers behavioral health programs and services, including those related to mental health and substance abuse, shall prepare an annual accounting report of moneys received by the managed service organization pursuant to section 16-13-311(3)(a)(VII)(B) , including revenues, expenditures, beginning and ending balances, and services provided. The unit in the department of human services that administers behavioral health programs and services, including those related to mental health and substance abuse, shall provide this information in its annual report pursuant to section 27-80-110, C.R.S .
(5) Any report submitted pursuant to this section shall be subject to audit in accordance with part 6 of article 1 of title 29, C.R.S.
Read this complete Colorado Revised Statutes Title 16 Criminal Proceedings § 16-13-701 Reporting of forfeited property on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.