California Evidence Code - EVID
This is FindLaw's hosted version of California's Evidence Code. Use this page to navigate to all sections within the Evidence Code - EVID. Expand sections by using the arrow icons.
Search California Codes
- Division 1. Preliminary Provisions and Construction
- Division 2. Words and Phrases Defined
- Division 3. General Provisions
- Division 4. Judicial Notice
- Division 5. Burden of Proof; Burden of Producing Evidence; Presumptions and Inferences
- Division 6. Witnesses
- Division 7. Opinion Testimony and Scientific Evidence
- Division 8. Privileges
- Division 9. Evidence Affected or Excluded by Extrinsic Policies
- Division 10. Hearsay Evidence
- Division 11. Writings
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.