Alabama Code Title 32. Motor Vehicles and Traffic. § 32-5B-4
Search Code of Alabama
(a) Each front seat occupant of a passenger car manufactured with safety belts in compliance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 208 shall have a safety belt properly fastened about his or her body at all times when the vehicle is in motion.
(b) The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:
(1) A child passenger under the purview of Section 32-5-222, who is required to use a child passenger restraint system or a seat belt pursuant to Section 32-5-222.
(2) An occupant of a passenger car who possesses a written statement from a licensed physician that he or she is unable for medical reasons to wear a safety belt.
(3) A rural letter carrier of the United States Postal Service while performing his or her duties as a rural letter carrier.
(4) A driver or passenger delivering newspapers or mail from house to house.
(5) Passengers in a passenger car with model year prior to 1965.
(6) Passengers in motor vehicles which normally operate in reverse.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.