Alabama Code Title 22. Health, Mental Health, and Environmental Control § 22-21-357
Search Code of Alabama
As used in this division, the following terms shall have the following respective meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) Authority. Any public corporation now or hereafter organized or reincorporated, as the case may be, pursuant to the provisions of the Health Care Authorities Act.
(2) Authorizing subdivision. Each county, municipality, and educational institution with the governing body of which the application for the incorporation of any authority under the Health Care Authorities Act or the reincorporation of a public corporation under the Health Care Authorities Act was filed.
(3) County. Any county in the State of Alabama.
(4) Governing body. With respect to a county, its county commission or other like governing body, and, with respect to a municipality, its city or town council, board of commissioners or other like governing body, and, with respect to an educational institution, its board of trustees, or other like governing body.
(5) Educational institution. A public college or university established under the Constitution of Alabama or act of the Alabama Legislature that operates a school of medicine.
(6) Health Care Authorities Act. Act No. 82-418 enacted at the 1982 Regular Session of the Legislature of Alabama, as supplemented by Act No. 87-745 enacted at the 1987 Regular Session of the Legislature of Alabama (codified as Articles 11 and 11A of Chapter 21 of Title 22 as amended).
(7) Municipality. An incorporated city or town of the State of Alabama.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.